Sunday, June 12, 2011

Emerson's 2nd Birthday, Etc...

Emerson is 2!! It's so hard for me to believe! I decided a few weeks ago to make cake pops for Emerson's birthday despite the fact that I had no recipe and no plans for a party. So here goes...
I found a recipe for lemon cake online that sounded good so I started with that. Then I made the chocolate cake off the back of the hershey's cocoa box. I then made a lemon buttercream frosting and a vanilla buttercream frosting and after crumbling my perfectly nice looking cakes... I added their respective frostings to make it almost a dough consisitency. Emerson is such a great helper!! She helped clean the mixer paddles!



Then I started rolling...and rolling...and rolling... I had no idea how many it would make... I believe the final count was 80!

Emerson found this part a little boring... so she found ways to entertain herself...

Then came the dipping.

First you dip the stick, place it into the ball, then chill for 5 minutes. Then you you dip the entire ball... and voila... a cake pop!




We had a little party for Emerson the night before her actual birthday. We got out the giant bubble wands and blew lots of bubbles, the little kids played, the big kids played, we ate hot dogs cake pops!






















Happy birthday to the sweetest little girl!! We love you Emerson DeLynn and had so much fun celebrating with you!

1 comment:

KennyB said...

Great pictures, it looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing!

background