Monday, May 9, 2011

the weekend, "swing therapy", and one man baseball

This weekend we had 2 soccer games... the Sharks (Hudson's team) and the Cheeto Puffs (Camden's team) Saturday was their first games of the season. Both started off the season with a loss, but both boys did an awesome job!! I was not able to attend Hudson's game this weekend so no pics of him, but here is one of Camden giving it his all.
I was blessed on mothers day with breakfast in bed (homemade cinnamon rolls, a mocha and eggs benedict.) we played a few games, lounged around the house, planted a few things in the garden, enjoyed the sun (when it peeked out from behind the clouds) and finished off the day by watching "Tangled". So thankful for my family!
Emerson's love for swings has diminished over the winter. Now she is completely afraid of swinging and doesn't enjoy it at all. She points to the swingset and I always say "swing?" and she shakes her head "no". Occasionally I throw her on the swing set to see what she'll do. Well, Today...we officially started "swing therapy". Every day that it is not raining, we are heading out to the swing set to swing for a moment or two. I'm not saying I'm going to force her to like swinging... but rather try to convince her that it really is fun... and remind her that she used to love it. So... my goal is to see her face change from frowns and crying to happy smiles... like last summer. I figured that seeing others having fun on the swings may help too. I'll keep you updated on our progress.


Once today's "swing therapy session" was over... she headed to the T-ball stand. She played the most awesome game of one man baseball I've ever seen! She got that ball up on the stand...
gave it a good whack...
ran as fast as she could to go get it...
ran it back to home plate...
and placed the ball again!
It looked like so much fun that Hudson decided to give it a try!
and that's what we did today.


No comments:

background